Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Book Notes Page 132 to 189

Page 132 If I had a Pound for every time I ended up standing in front of aintest idea of what they should be doing, I would have about £200

Page 134 Mobile phones are used for several things in school. Making videos of violent attacks, sex acts and abuse of teachers for a start. They can also be used to send texts to friends in other lessons or to summon parents up to school in order that they can hurl threats and insults at any teacher foolish enough to give them the time of day.


Page 135 Stretching out mundane tasks to fill in time whils waiting for the promised work to arrive was one of my greatest talents as a teacher

Page 136 I frequently did private tutoring although almost never to pupils from my own school. (what on Earth would their parents want to spend money on extra learning for?) No, I taught the children who went to better schools and often did coursework for them as well, to save their parents from having to do it.





Page 151 Many parents see nothing wrong in turning up at school unannounced and demanding to see a teacher in order to give them a piece of their mind or worse. Many staff are not confident enough to deal with a situation that can be extremely intimidating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home